Powered by Kinlove!
IN LIMBO: Nikolai Topor-Stanley tangles with Jake Adelson at Jets training. Topor-Stanley and Dimi Petratos are in doubt for the FFA Cup clash against Adelaide. Picture: Jonathan CarrollSTAR recruits Dimi Petratos and Nikolai Topor-Stanley could be ruled out of the Jets’ FFA Cup battle with Adelaide United due to red tape.
Both players joined the Jets from international clubs in June. Petratos was signed from Ulsan Hyundai in Korea and Topor-Stanley had been in the United Arab Emirates at Hatta.
The players’ contracts have been lodged with Football Federation but are awaiting receipt of an International Transfer Clearance to complete their registration.
The national association of theplayers’former club is responsible for processing the ITC.Jets management have made several requests to the UAE Football Association and Korea Football Association but are yet to receive the crucial documentation.
They followed the same procedure and had no issues in obtaining an ITC for goalkeeper Glen Moss from the New Zealand Football Association.
If the Jets do not get a response from the UAE FA and Korean FA after 30 days they can request special dispensation from FFA to have the players registered.
As it stands, neither Petratos or Topor-Stanley is eligible to play against Adelaide next Wednesday.
The Jets, althoughconfident of a positive resolution, are frustrated by the delay.
“When you sign a player from a club overseas like Nikolai and Dimi, you have a International Transfer Clearance and it is always a problem getting it done,” coach Ernie Merrick said. “With Glen Moss, from my old club Pheonix, it was done straight away, no problems at all.The other two there is a problem.”
Merrick said Jets football operations manager Joel Griffiths had followed the correct procedure.
“We have adhered to all the protocols, Joel has emailed the clubs and the association andrequested this that and the next thing,” Merrick said.“If the association says‘yesit was a proper transfer, this is the evidence, this is the contract’, there should be no hold up.Joelhas informed the FFA and will follow that up with a conversation with them.Unless that comes through they can’t play.”
Star Jets recruits in doubt for FFA Cup over red tape | photos TweetFacebook Jets trainingPictures: Jonathan CarrollThe Jets are yet to progress past the round of 32 in the FFA Cup. They lost to Perth Glory in the opening two years and went down to Melbourne Victory last year.
Adelaide isMerrick’s first competitive game in charge of the Jets and the two-time A-League title-winner isdesperate to advance to the next round.
The Jets will finalise preparations with a hit out against Maitland at Cooks Square Park on Wednesday.
Petratos and Topor-Stanley are likely to start.
Chinese trialistZhu Zhengyu will play at least 45 minutes but the wingerwill need to have a greater impact than hedid in the 2-0 loss to the Mariners.
“He is doing OK,” Merrick said.
The Jets have told theNewcastle Heraldthat talks witha South American attacker have stalled due to a health issue in the player’s family.
The clash with the Magpiesis the Jets’third against Northern NSW teams and follows wins over Weston (2-0) and Broadmeadow (5-1).
“I hoping it will be very competitive,” Merrick said.“Every team we have played have lifted.The players want to show that they are good enough to play in the A-League and can beat the boys who are out there.
“I like the competitive nature. It has been tough but fair, no silly tackles or anything like that.We are hoping for the same against Maitland.”
Post Categories : 苏州夜生活University of Newcastle vows to fix culture following sexual misconduct report Hunter One Nation MP turns union campaign attack on to major parties